Live from SXSW 2010
MocoSpace Reaches 11M, Members Forming Over 500,000 New Friendships - Every Day
Austin, TX March 17, 2010 Speaking at a capacity-crowd session at SXSW on Tuesday, MocoSpace VP of Business Development & Marketing Casey Jones discussed various methods of monetizing traffic on the mobile web in a workshop entitled "Mobile Advertising in 2010: How to Pay the Bills."
MocoSpace recently reached a count of 11 million members, and their growth in 2010 proves that mobile advertising is not only a safe, but smart plan. Of those 11 million members, 500,000 are forming new friendships every day on their smart phones, feature phones, and the Web.
The company, which focuses on helping people expand their circle of friends, makes money with its virtual currency and through advertising primarily targeted at its 18-34 year old audience. Recent integrated campaigns were run by Sony Pictures, Spike TV and the US Census, each targeting a very specific demographic.
"Were seeing strong growth in smartphone traffic led by Android and iPhone, which is translating into increased activity across the site including Games, Music, eCards, MocoGold, our virtual currency, and most importantly friending," said Jones. "Scale is a critical piece to being able to deliver on the promise of our targeting capabilities. We are very fortunate to have a large, growing, and loyal audience."
Other exclusive data points on MocoSpace are now being revealed including:
· The site generates 3 billion pages per month and was recently named the 4th most visited mobile web site in the US by analyst firm Ground Truth
· Average session times are over 13 minutes on mobile
· Mobile users access the site over 5 times per day, on average
· Users sent more than 1.7 million e-cards during the week of Valentines Day
· Over 200 new artists are submitting their own music to MocoSpace each day
· The site expects its virtual currency and goods to exceed 15% of revenue by the end of 2010.
Founded in 2005, MocoSpace is a mobile social community designed to help people find friends, have fun and stay connected
on their mobile phone. The service is free and available on any web-enabled mobile phone in the world. MocoSpace is a privately
held company with offices in Boston, MA and Herzliya, Israel. For more information, visit http://www.mocospace.com
Follow MocoSpace on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mocospace
Press contact at MocoSpace: